The ins and outs of how one deals with writing, getting published, and the everyday catastrophes

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Emo facebook friends

So, I have friends on facebook that are all ages, all cultures, and all kinds of things. But I have one friend, who is actually family, that is the most cry baby person I have ever known. Now, I work with teenagers all day long. I see how their emotions are up and down and around the corner on nearly a minute by minute basis. In fact, I believe that on any given day most teenagers could be labeled bi-polar if they were just tested at the right time. But, this one friend whines so much on facebook that I almost cannot stand to read their posts anymore. Delete then you say? I thought about that too, then I was like oh crap what if they notice and then they kill themselves because someone unfriended them. So, I was then going to hide all posts by this person. Then I thought, Oh, crap if I do that and then everyone else (because I am sure there are others that can't take it either) does that then there will be no one left to answer his assanine posts or comment on the craziness and that might push them over the edge. Now, I realize that this particular facebook friend has just done what he has set out to do all along. I question my own actions so much that I am uber aware of what he is doing more so than anyone else I would actually rather have status updates about. Even though I am aware that I am being played, I still creep about looking to see what is happening because sometimes it is better to be quiet and sometimes it is better to know. I also realize that doing this and giving something so minute so much attention could possibly make me just as crazy. Relationships did not used to be this much work.

No comments:

Post a Comment