The ins and outs of how one deals with writing, getting published, and the everyday catastrophes

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Networking

I read an article on MSN this week that dove into the topic of college graduates and their networking abilities, or lack there of really. It seemed that there was this idea that recent graduates did not feel that there was a need to network themselves. In giving this some thought, I grew concerned. I mean, if they aren't networking then who is? I work in a socio-economically school where the students I serve I do not typically have access to wi-fi and personal computer databases that would allow them to take advantage of this technology. It makes me sad, but at the same time to see that college graduates are not using technology makes me even sadder. My question I guess is then are college graduates not taking advantage of their "toolbox" because they are waiting or expecting things to happen for them? Or, is this the new wave of the future that "networking" as it has looked in the past is no longer necessary? Are there other avenues that are being utilized that the recent graduates know about that makes those of previous generations obselete? Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment